Brendinghat

Scam Emails and a bit of baiting

From Romero. Dated today 16th of March 2018…Strictly to you

Published / by Dave McDave / Leave a Comment

WARNING: These are scams. They are Emails sent to a honeytrap address only ever used for this purpose. Do not reply to these people, they will try to con you into paying out money in return for nothing.

CAVEAT: Please note that some of these Emails may be impersonating a genuine company or person. We wish to make it clear that any such name mentioned within these Emails has no connection to the scam. For the sake of searching, we leave these messages untouched, but we will respond to any concerns left in our comments.


From: From Romero. <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 15:58:01 +0000
Subject: Dated today 16th of March 2018...Strictly to you

G-ROMERO & ASSOCIATE CHAMBERS
SENIOR ASST. REGISTRAR
OFFICE: NO 1A BOURDILLON ROAD
IKOYI, LAGOS NIGERIA.
ALTERNATIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Good day,

I am Barrister Godson Romero, Principal Attorney of {G-Romero & Associates} I am soliciting for your confidence in this transaction by virtue of the nature of this venture that requires confidentiality. I am not unaware of the fact that a transaction of this magnitude will first make any one apprehensive and overwhelmed, but I assure you that I contacted you specifically for good and with full assurances that everything in this venture will go well.

The project I am presenting to you is a case of my late client who willed US$10.9 million (Ten Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars Only) to his wife, here in referred to as his next of kin. It was most unfortunate that he and his wife died on the same day in an auto-crash. I am now faced with indecision and dilema of who to pass the funds to, as both husband and wife died together.

This email might come as a surprise to you, since there was no previous communication between us. My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by my late client, to avoid it being declared as unclaimed deposit by the Financial Institution where the fund is presently deposited by my client before his death.

The Financial Institution has notified me to contact and provide an existing relative with notarized papers or the funds will be declared unclaimed and taken over by the Financial Institution's treasury. So far, my efforts to get hold of someone related to my late client have proved abortive. I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Financial Institution as the next of kin of my late Client for the purpose of reclaiming his funds so that the proceeds of this will be released to you.

I shall provide all the notarized documents to support and authenticate the claim that you are my Client's next of kin. All I require is your honest co-operation and commitment to enable us achieves success in this transaction.

I wish to point out that I want 10% of this money to be shared among Charity Organizations, while the remaining 90% would be shared equally between us. I will use my position as the clients attorney to guarantee the successful execution of this transaction.

Please contact me via my e-mail to: {[email protected]}

Upon your positive response, I will provide you with further details that will help you understand clearly the processes we are to follow to achieve success on this transaction.

I will appreciate it, if you could provide me this information outlined below to enhance the facilitation of this transaction.

1. Your Full Name & Contact Address:
2. Your Telephone Number & Age:
3. Your Occupation & Marital Status:

Looking forward to a cordial business relationship with you.

Yours truly

Barrister Godson Romero

Please add to the discussion